The strongest teams can easily be 10 times as productive as those who are well-meaning but average in talent and desire. As such, the key to realizing our goals is people we employ. We seek out the brightest, most passionate people in their fields to join our team.
Our recruitment goal is to hire people who are not only experienced and talented but also excited by the constant evolution of the software industry. With this in mind, our core philosophy is to:
- Hire passionate developers and support staff and compensate them well;
- Maintain a core team with strong crop-insurance knowledge and experience; and
- Provide an environment that rewards creativity, encourages professional growth, and continually challenges the status quo.
The key to realizing our goals is the people we employ. We seek out the brightest, most passionate people in their fields to join our team.
Interested in Working with Us?
AgWorks is always looking for highly-skilled .NET developers, crop-knowledgeable business analysts and support staff, and talented software test engineers with extensive experience in unit, regression, and load testing using Microsoft technologies.
If you’re a fit for our team, send us an email—we’d love to hear from you. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently hiring for the following positions. For inquiries or to submit your resume, please email email@example.com and include the job title in the subject line.
AgWorks specializes in providing web-based software solutions to agents and insurance companies so they can deliver innovative products and services to thousands of independent crop insurance agencies and farmers across the US—helping them define new markets, improve customer service, and reduce operating expenses by simplifying complex workflows. AgWorks owns and operates a SOC 1 Type 2 compliant data center for fast, reliable access to the important information our customer’s need, when they need it.
The Data Center Technician plays a key role in the data center’s upkeep and maintenance. AgWorks is seeking a skilled, hands-on professional to provide a variety of services to keep our servers, networks and infrastructure operating smoothly. The Data Center Technician should be willing to respond to after hour emergency calls, as data support is vital to our business’s core operations. The Data Center Technician at AgWorks should be creative, self-driven and work effectively with little supervision.
- Provide first line of defense in safeguarding the company’s valuable information.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance including:
- Regularly monitor and maintain temperature, humidity and power redundancy systems.
- Regularly test, maintain and document health of UPS systems.
- Review and report status on HVAC air handling units, power rectifiers, and other industrial systems.
- Manage monthly and annual vendor maintenance of critical systems.
- Patching of critical software, hardware and networking equipment including firmware updates and the use of patching management and reporting tools, including WSUS.
- Physical Server Management and Repair
- Setup and maintain Windows and Linux hosting platforms, including standalone, converged blade servers and highly available failover clusters.
- Identify, troubleshoot and repair software, hardware and network issues on servers.
- Installation of RAM, expansion cards and drives in high demand servers.
- Apply common troubleshooting methods and utilize industry standard tools to diagnose hardware and software issues on physical and virtual servers, as well as user workstations and office equipment. Maintain and upgrade Network Attached Storage systems
- Virtual Server Management
- Plan, deploy and manage virtual Windows and Linux servers
- Implement and utilize tools that will facilitate the central management and deployment of virtual systems.
- Deploy and maintain enterprise Windows environments including Exchange, Active Directory & Group Policy, WSUS and other critical systems.
- Monitor Systems
- Monitoring and maintaining operation of all servers, applications and network processes.
- Proactively monitor performance and capacity of high demand servers and critical business applications
- Regularly review event and system logs to proactively address potential issues.
- Maintain accurate work records and maintenance logs.
- Create concise virtual information reports to keep company management informed.
- Monitor and improve backup processes including offsite Disaster Recovery systems
- Network Management
- Identify and fix errors in Layers 2, 3 and 4 of enterprise networks including WAN circuits.
- Experience operating, configuring and upgrading switches, routers and firewalls including Cisco and Fortigate appliances
- Assist in designing, implementing and scaling redundant networks
- Familiarity with VLANs, static routing, OSPF, BGP & MPLS
- Running and terminating network and power cables.
- Collaborate with infrastructure and networking engineering teams.
Position Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience
- Minimum of four years of relevant or progressive experience in hardware support and basic infrastructure competency.
- Ability to work in a dynamic problem-solving environment and synthesize strategy, plans, and solutions.
- Demonstrate the ability to present technology or technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- Advanced knowledge in operating servers, switches, routers, monitoring toolsets and computer networking.
- Cisco CCNA and/or comparable industry certifications not required but preferred.
- Physical Requirements – capability to work on ladder, stay on feet, and regularly crawl, crouch, kneel, lift, and move up to 50lbs over short distances and regularly work in machine noise server rooms.
- Communication skills – ability to explain complicated technical process in a simple way to non-technical staff is a requirement. Clear written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- This position does require some work outside of normal business hours, including nights, weekends and some holidays.
The opportunities to learn and grow professionally in the AgWorks’ work environment are virtually endless. We firmly believe our most valuable asset is our people. We offer completive wages, personal time off, ten paid holidays + a holiday of your choice and a robust benefit package including health, vision and dental. 401(k) offerings with matching opportunity as well. AgWorks, LLC is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.
To download a full PDF of the job description, click here.
For inquiries or to submit your resume, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line.